Director of Development - Otago Medical Research Foundation
The Otago Medical Research Foundation is dedicated to supporting medical research carried out in the Otago region, and encouraging young and gifted people to engage in research. Since its inception in 1967, the Foundation has raised over $8 million, with much of the work undertaken now acclaimed around the world. The lives of millions of people have ultimately been improved by the research funded by the Foundation, made possible by generous supporters.
Following a period of exceptional engagement from the community and fundraising success, we are now seeking an experienced Director of Development to assist with further raising the profile of the Foundation, fostering corporate relationships, and continuing to grow the amount of funding available to distribute for research purposes. This rare and exceptional opportunity awaits a resourceful, innovative and multi skilled professional.
Reporting to the Chair of the Council, this Dunedin-based role will be responsible for:
- Leading and implementing the fundraising strategy, continuing the success of existing activities, while also bringing new ideas to the table;
- Driving marketing and communications activities for profile raising purposes;
- Increasing engagement with benefactors across the whole spectrum of the community; and
- Representing the Foundation in public forums.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Experience in marketing and communications, and/or sales;
- Proven experience in fundraising;
- An ability to develop strong networks and build relationships with key stakeholders such as speakers for events, key and potential benefactors, advisors etc;
- A proven understanding of all aspects of philanthropy;
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office software and website management.
In return you will be rewarded with a distinguished role offering autonomy and flexibility, as well the opportunity to contribute to an organisation which aspires to continue to improve the lives of the Otago community.
An opportunity such as this is rarely seen in the Otago market; please apply with a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Confidential enquiries to Karen Bardwell or Hannah Moodie on 03 955 4550. A full job description is available on request.