Senior Fundraiser - The New Zealand AIDS Foundation
If you want to be one of the driving forces behind the elimination of new HIV transmissions in New Zealand by 2025, then read on!
The New Zealand AIDS Foundation (NZAF), who’ve been at the forefront of HIV prevention in New Zealand for the past 30 years, are looking for a Senior Fundraiser responsible for providing advice on, and leading the execution of NZAF’s 5-year fundraising plan that will ensure increased income from fundraising activities to support NZAF’s work.
This is an opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to leverage their existing experience in effective fundraising strategies to be able to have a real impact on the very most important global human problems of our time.
You’ll need to have knowledge and experience of fundraising in the not-for-profit sector as well as significant experience in fundraising and/or marketing.
- Develop and refine the NZAF 5-year fundraising plan and participate in the NZAF’s annual and strategic planning processes
- Delegate tasks to the Fundraising Assistant including development and submission of grants, database administration, donor communications, and event support.
- Implement the NZAF 5-year regular giving plan, with adjustments as necessary to respond to new opportunities
- Develop and implement plans for growing income from bequests and major donors
- Lead the Fundraising Assistant in developing and submitting grant applications, and other proposals to ensure fundraising targets are met
- Develop new partnerships with corporate organisations that have synergies with the NZAF mission and goals and who can provide in-kind or financial sponsorship to the NZAF
- Organise the NZAF World AIDS Day street appeal, including the coordination of the campaign and related collateral; working with colleagues to ensure positive media coverage, and maintaining relationships with other HIV organisations and key corporate partners.
This role will be working directly with the Marketing, Communications and Fundraising Manager and one other junior member of the fundraising team and is expected to contribute to our organisation’s strategic plan.
NZAF offers a competitive compensation package with a salary of $67,858 - $75,398, and benefits including one week of additional employer holidays on top of the minimum four weeks annual leave, and flexible work hours. NZAF also offers a performance incentive/bonus programme.
NZAF is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age.
Interested? Email your covering letter, CV and the NZAF application form to email@example.com by 5.00pm Friday 2 June 2017.